translation error (fixed)

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Math3vv
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

translation error (fixed)

Post by Math3vv »

Hey people ,
i wanted to know if someone could help me fix this bug.

when i tryed to update my mod it gave an error about the locale file.

here is the error :

and this is the file the error is talking about :

if anyone knows how to fix this i would apriciate it alot,
since this is whats holding me from uploading the new 9.2.0 version of the brass mod.

so any help is welcome :)
Last edited by Math3vv on Wed May 28, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trucario
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: translation error

Post by Trucario »

You need Image and use the UTF8 without bom codification and paste the text.

Math3vv
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Math3vv »

Trucario wrote:You need Image and use the UTF8 without bom codification and paste the text.
thank you i will download notepad++ right away :P

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

um...the only thing I can guess is that the encoding of the cfg file is not "UTF-8 without BOM" (which would make the numerical identifiers different and Factorio would fail to recognize the '='s), I don't think notepad allows saving without BOM, Notepad++ does (I don't know about any other text editors however). Or that the '=' specifically has a different numerical identifier (if that's the case then I would think copying and pasting the '=' from one of the base locales would solve the problem)...
That would be my guess from what I can see, but I could be wrong.

ah, Trucario beat me :) my fault for wasting time and trying to figure out how to do it with vim :lol:

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omegasrevenge »

FreeER wrote:um...the only thing I can guess is that the encoding of the cfg file is not "UTF-8 without BOM" (which would make the numerical identifiers different and Factorio would fail to recognize the '='s), I don't think notepad allows saving without BOM, Notepad++ does (I don't know about any other text editors however). Or that the '=' specifically has a different numerical identifier (if that's the case then I would think copying and pasting the '=' from one of the base locales would solve the problem)...
That would be my guess from what I can see, but I could be wrong.

ah, Trucario beat me :) my fault for wasting time and trying to figure out how to do it with vim :lol:

I was looking up why I was getting this error although I was already saving it in UTF-8 in notepad. I was THIS -> || close to opening a thread on it. Thank you for this post of yours :D

Forien
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Forien »

omegasrevenge wrote:I was already saving it in UTF-8 in notepad.
UTF-8 is great for text we want to show other people. But in programming (especially in web-development: PHP, JavaScript, XML), so also in Lua scripts and JSON files "UTF-8 with BOM" (which is usually default UTF-8) just doesn't work as expected. Sometimes you won't see difference, sometimes you get "no = found" while there it is. If you are curious why it's that tricky, check this out (it's written for web-developers, but you should be able to get the point).

Anyway, use any advanced text editor (fe. beloved Notepad++ for Windows), copy all your non-english text, or prefferably all file's content (because any non-english character might end messed up), convert file to "UTF-8 without BOM" and paste content back. Save.

And do it for every file. Be it L10N, control.lua or object defines in prototypes/.
My mods:
- Power Mod (WiP)

Return to “Modding help”