Unkown key error.

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
funCrafter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Unkown key error.

Post by funCrafter »

Hello.

Im starting to create a mod and I got some cool Ideas I wanna get in the game.
everything is working the recepies... but one thing is not working the names for my items and stuff.
everytime the game is just calling my items or entitys unkown-key:... and I cant fix it or I dont know how to.
I tried to just copy stuff from other mods Im not gonna publish this but even when i copy stuff im getting an unkown key.
any ideas how to fix it?

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Unkown key error.

Post by aubergine18 »

It sounds like you're missing the locale strings.

Create a folder /locale/en/ and then put a .cfg file in there (best to copy one from another mod and just edit it).

Then put the key, followed by =, followed by the text you want displayed.

For example, I have an item in one of my mods called "wood-bridge". Each item has two locale keys - a name and a description, so I put this in my mods locale/en/bridge.cfg (the name of the file is not relevant, just as long as it's in correct folder and ends with .cfg, it will be detected by the game).

Code: Select all

[item-name]
wood-bridge = Wooden Bridge

[item-description]
wood-bridge = Pedestrian bridge for crossing short-stretches (max 16 tiles) of water.
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

funCrafter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Unkown key error.

Post by funCrafter »

Oh thx for your help I had no idea that i need this

Return to “Modding help”