Change footstep sound for player?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Change footstep sound for player?

Post by aubergine18 »

Is there a property that allows alteration of footstep sound for a `player` prototype?

Also: What is the heartbeat sound for?
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Reinard-kun
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Change footstep sound for player?

Post by Reinard-kun »

aubergine18 wrote:Is there a property that allows alteration of footstep sound for a `player` prototype?
Well, there a whole folder at data/base/sound/walking that has all sorts of walking sounds. But, the walking sound of a player is not set in player's prototype - it is set in data/base/prototypes/tile/tiles.lua Seems like players walk silently if there is no sound set to a tileset they're on.
aubergine18 wrote:Also: What is the heartbeat sound for?
When at super low hp, you can hear the heartbeat.
Rational thinking is awesome, except if you're dealing with women.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Thanks for the infos. Looks like I won't be able to create character specific footstep sound.
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

DedlySpyder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DedlySpyder »

aubergine18 wrote:Thanks for the infos. Looks like I won't be able to create character specific footstep sound.
You can swap a players character with a new one with different sounds. Depends on how often you need to do this.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

DedlySpyder wrote:You can swap a players character with a new one with different sounds. Depends on how often you need to do this.
Yes, I can change character but as far as I can tell the only sounds that allows me to change the sounds for heartbeat and eating. As Reinard-kun mentioned above, the walking sounds are associated with terrains not player characters.

Return to “Modding help”