Modify input buffer of assembling machine

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Modify input buffer of assembling machine

Post by AntiElitz »

I'm looking for a way to increase the item input buffer of an assembling machine. (So the amount of items that get load into the machine when it is on idle)

I took a look and the entity, but didn't find the property there. That makes sense, because it is connected to craftign speed somehow. But where may I look for that?

Also i'd like to remove the drain that seems to be a split of the power consumption for assembling machines. its not stored within the entity data as well, how to change it?

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Modify input buffer of assembling machine

Post by matjojo »

The amount of items that gets loaded into an assembling machine is 3X the needed item, but not when there is the max amount of things in the output buffer.

I don't get what you mean with:
Also I'd like to remove the drain that seems to be a split of the power consumption for assembling machines. it's not stored within the entity data as well, how to change it?
do you mean the passive drain?

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

matjojo wrote:The amount of items that gets loaded into an assembling machine is 3X the needed item, but not when there is the max amount of things in the output buffer.
I'd like to modify it from 3X to like 10X. How can i do that?

Also I'd like to remove the drain that seems to be a split of the power consumption for assembling machines. it's not stored within the entity data as well, how to change it?

yes!

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

AntiElite wrote:
matjojo wrote:The amount of items that gets loaded into an assembling machine is 3X the needed item, but not when there is the max amount of things in the output buffer.
I'd like to modify it from 3X to like 10X. How can i do that?

yes!

nope, just like you I could not find any tags in the base mod that allowed such things, you might want to file a request for that if you really find it important.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Push

I still don't know what to edit so the assembler takes 10x the amount of what the reciept needed instead of only 10 times.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

AntiElite wrote:Push

I still don't know what to edit so the assembler takes 10x the amount of what the reciept needed instead of only 10 times.
It doesn't look like there's any way to do it with current modding API or prototype definitions. You'd have to post a request in the Modding Interface Requests forum to see if it's something the devs could add (or maybe they know an alternate way to do it).
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

AntiElite wrote:I'm looking for a way to increase the item input buffer of an assembling machine. (So the amount of items that get load into the machine when it is on idle)

I took a look and the entity, but didn't find the property there. That makes sense, because it is connected to craftign speed somehow. But where may I look for that?

Also i'd like to remove the drain that seems to be a split of the power consumption for assembling machines. its not stored within the entity data as well, how to change it?
The input buffer isn't set by modifying the assembling machine prototype,

But it is set on the specific recipe prototype, with the flag 'overload_multiplier'

example:

Code: Select all

{
    type = "recipe",
    name = "gun-turret",
    enabled = false,
    energy_required = 10,
    ingredients =
    {
      {"iron-gear-wheel", 10},
      {"copper-plate", 10},
      {"iron-plate", 20}
    },
    result = "gun-turret",
    overload_multiplier = 20
  }

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Perfect! thank you so much Klonan!

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Klonan wrote:
AntiElite wrote:I'm looking for a way to increase the item input buffer of an assembling machine. (So the amount of items that get load into the machine when it is on idle)

But it is set on the specific recipe prototype, with the flag 'overload_multiplier'

example:

{
    type = "recipe",
    name = "gun-turret",
    enabled = false,
    energy_required = 10,
    ingredients =
    {
      {"iron-gear-wheel", 10},
      {"copper-plate", 10},
      {"iron-plate", 20}
    },
    result = "gun-turret",
    overload_multiplier = 20
  }
btw: How am i support to find out about those properties? I have never heared about overload_multiplier and never seen in in the api. is there a list of all available properties somewhere?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

AntiElite wrote:
Klonan wrote:

example:

{
    type = "recipe",
    name = "gun-turret",
    enabled = false,
    energy_required = 10,
    ingredients =
    {
      {"iron-gear-wheel", 10},
      {"copper-plate", 10},
      {"iron-plate", 20}
    },
    result = "gun-turret",
    overload_multiplier = 20
  }
btw: How am i support to find out about those properties? I have never heared about overload_multiplier and never seen in in the api. is there a list of all available properties somewhere?

Theres no API-like document for the prototype definitions yet, but it on our to-do list

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Klonan wrote: Theres no API-like document for the prototype definitions yet, but it on our to-do list

I'd love that!

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

What are the plans for your mod? :)

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

British_Petroleum wrote:What are the plans for your mod? :)
I released the first version yesterday. I need this for the first update, because at higher crafting speeds need a bigger input buffer, so the inserters can keep up.
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/AntiElite/UPS-up

Return to “Modding help”