Can't get a recipe to show up

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Can't get a recipe to show up

Post by mooklepticon »

I'm trying to add wood gasification. I got the wood-to-other-stuff part down. It makes petroleum gas and tar. I'm trying to get the tar to make solid fuel, but the recipe won't show up. I'm getting no errors, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Could y'all take a look?
Attachments
Wood_Gas_0.1.0.zip
(178.62 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Can't get a recipe to show up

Post by Nexela »

Works for me in a new game. My guess is you added it to an existing save when you were testing and it needs to be enabled

If you add stuff after your mod has been released then you will need to use a migration file or on_configuration_changed event.
I don't think the first 2 lines are needed if version number changes but I could be wrong. also migrations/on_configuration_changed won't work if you don't change the version number so you have to run these commands from the command line in your developing save.

/c game.player.force.reset_recipes()
/c game.player.force.reset_technologies()
/c if force.technologies["some-technology"].researched then game.player.force.recipes["my-recipe"].enabled = true end

Alternatively install creative mode mod and just start a new world every time to get all the development tools you will ever need :)
Speaking of this I have just come up with a solid idea! not to put it on paper for mooncat :)

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Can't get a recipe to show up

Post by mooklepticon »

My reply disappeared. Weird.

That fixed it. I made a new map and it worked! Thanks for the help.

What's your idea?! I wanna see it when you've done something!

Return to “Modding help”