Confused about Dependencies in info file

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Confused about Dependencies in info file

Post by Peter34 »

The mod I'm currently making is dependent on two mods made by Ranakastrasz, his Agent Orange mod v.0.0.6 (or higher) and his Flare capsule mod (v0.0.2 or higher), but I can't figure out exactly what to write in the Dependencies line:

Currently, I say this, which gives an error message:
"dependencies": ["base >= 0.13.9", "Agent Orange >= 0.0.6","Flare >- 0.0.2"],

Failed to load mod 34 Gifts 0.0.1
Mod 34-Gifts dependency Flare >- 0.0.2 not matching pattern "[?]
Modname [Modversion specifier]".

I have no idea what exactly the pattern is. It's not hugely important since the mod will probably work fine for its intended use, a private MP game, where everybody will have the exact same package of mods installed anyway, including those mods that this one depends on. But it annoys me, so I'd like to get it straightened out.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Confused about Dependencies in info file

Post by Arch666Angel »

Peter34 wrote:The mod I'm currently making is dependent on two mods made by Ranakastrasz, his Agent Orange mod v.0.0.6 (or higher) and his Flare capsule mod (v0.0.2 or higher), but I can't figure out exactly what to write in the Dependencies line:

Currently, I say this, which gives an error message:
"dependencies": ["base >= 0.13.9", "Agent Orange >= 0.0.6","Flare >- 0.0.2"],

Failed to load mod 34 Gifts 0.0.1
Mod 34-Gifts dependency Flare >- 0.0.2 not matching pattern "[?]
Modname [Modversion specifier]".

I have no idea what exactly the pattern is. It's not hugely important since the mod will probably work fine for its intended use, a private MP game, where everybody will have the exact same package of mods installed anyway, including those mods that this one depends on. But it annoys me, so I'd like to get it straightened out.
needs to be >= (read: greater or equal to) you used a minus instead of an equal sign

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Thanks a lot! It works now, and the game seems to recognize the dependencies and that they're fulfilled (i.e. they show up white, not as red text).

I feel a bit stupid for not having caught the >- instead of >= thing myself, but I'm glad that the mod is kosher now. I might share it later, but keep in mind that it does very, very little, so I don't consider public sharing to be urgent.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

A linting tool will pick up errors like that and warn you about them: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29919
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Return to “Modding help”