Modding Entity Behavior

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
N3X15
Inserter
Inserter

Modding Entity Behavior

Post by N3X15 »

I'm planning a mod which introduces the concept of agriculture to the game. One of the requirements for this to work would be an ag-bot entity that flies around, planting seeds and harvesting grown plants.

I've looked at the game's code, and it seems all entities have hard-coded behavior. Is it still possible to mess around with an entity's behavior, perhaps by redefining a method? In this case, it would be whatever is called to get a construction robot's construction/destruction targets.

AlexPhoenix
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Modding Entity Behavior

Post by AlexPhoenix »

direcly, nope yet as i know.
but you can control them from your control.lua script.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

Currently the game doesend directly expose the ingame AI to modding so you are pretty limited.
Developers did mentioned a slight posiblity that someday in the future tey might introduce a way for moders to change the inagme units AI but they are a bit afraid of that as it could potentionally lead to many problems and bugs which could eventually compleetly break the game.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I could imagine flying bots that would be controllable by the script, the question is when would we do it :)

N3X15
Inserter
Inserter

Post by N3X15 »

I'll go ahead and make a request for this, then, after making sure it wouldn't be duplicating a prior request. Thanks.

Return to “Modding help”