Is it possible to hide a crafting tab?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Is it possible to hide a crafting tab?

Post by DRY411S »

I have a lot of recycling recipes to use in a 'recycling machine' which is essentially a reverse assembling machine.

These recipes can only be used in the machine, no hand crafting.

I've put them all in their own sub-groups with a parent group called 'Recycling'

The crafting for the recycling machines, so that the player can make somer, appears on the Production tab.

But all the recycling recipes, even though they cannot be hand crafted, appear in the crafting menu. Because there's a recycling recipe for every (almost) recipe in the game, the effect is ugly and a scroll bar appears on the crafting menu, as shown below.
screenshot of ugly crafting tab
Is there any way that I can hide this unnecessary crafting tab? If I hide the recipes when I create them, the tab does not display, but then I cannot use them in the recycling machines. :(

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Is it possible to hide a crafting tab?

Post by Arch666Angel »

If you add

Code: Select all

hidden = "true",
to the recipes, they wont show up in the crafting tab. If there is no recipe to display the whole tab will vanish. So you have to add the "hidden" marker to all your recycling recipes.
I guess you have single inputs with your recycling machine, so just make it a furnace, it will choose its recipe automatically.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Is it possible to hide a crafting tab?

Post by DRY411S »

Arch666Angel wrote:If you add

Code: Select all

hidden = "true",
to the recipes, they wont show up in the crafting tab. If there is no recipe to display the whole tab will vanish. So you have to add the "hidden" marker to all your recycling recipes.
If I make the recipes hidden they won't appear in the recycling machine crafting menu either. That's my issue.
Arch666Angel wrote:I guess you have single inputs with your recycling machine, so just make it a furnace, it will choose its recipe automatically.
Yep, I do have single inputs, that's the way I've deliberately designed it. If you need a level X assembling machine to make it, you need a level X recycling machine to recycle it. I see this as a complimentary mod to the furnace-based recycling mods that already exist.

Return to “Modding help”