Display Image

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Display Image

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Is it possible to display an image via script without making a dummy entity with that picture, and creating and destroying it as needed?
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Display Image

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I meant like on a particular location on the ground, ideally overlaying the player itself.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

DedlySpyder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DedlySpyder »

I don't think so, but what are you trying to do? If you want to overlay the image over the player, maybe create a new player-typed entity (based entirely off the default) with a different picture. Otherwise, if you want it under them, I think you'd have to spawn in a dummy entity (try teleporting it though, that may be easier on performance)

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I am using the teleport method already. It works great in in single player, but in multiplayer the latency issue causes it to lag behind the player.

its a shield bubble animation that pulses when the player takes damage to their shield.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

DedlySpyder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DedlySpyder »

Ranakastrasz wrote:I am using the teleport method already. It works great in in single player, but in multiplayer the latency issue causes it to lag behind the player.

its a shield bubble animation that pulses when the player takes damage to their shield.
So the player will have it as long as they have a force shield equipped? 0.13 will add inventory events, so you could make a new player and swap them over when they equip or unequip a shield or power armor with a shield. I don't know exactly how animation layering works, but you could possibly work the force shield into the new player entity

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

DedlySpyder wrote:
Ranakastrasz wrote:I am using the teleport method already. It works great in in single player, but in multiplayer the latency issue causes it to lag behind the player.

So the player will have it as long as they have a force shield equipped? 0.13 will add inventory events, so you could make a new player and swap them over when they equip or unequip a shield or power armor with a shield. I don't know exactly how animation layering works, but you could possibly work the force shield into the new player entity
New player and swap over? I have no idea how that would work. It would also be potentially happening every tick, so really would be a bad idea anyhow.
Its an animation based on current shield health and how recently it last took damage.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

DedlySpyder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DedlySpyder »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
DedlySpyder wrote:...
New player and swap over? I have no idea how that would work. It would also be potentially happening every tick, so really would be a bad idea anyhow.
Its an animation based on current shield health and how recently it last took damage.
Hm, maybe not then, I was thinking like a more generic force field that just shimmered the whole time. I don't think there is a good way to handle it in multiplayer.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Yea. It works fine already, but lags behind the player in multiplayer.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Added the video for the existing mod. so the problem is obvious.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “Modding help”