Multiple results for furnaces.

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
AlexPhoenix
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Multiple results for furnaces.

Post by AlexPhoenix »

i wanna make furnace with multiple results, i wrote recipe with icon and subgroup fields of recipe as Factorio require for recipes with more than one results(else crash happens).
but than furnace say that cannot smell item(i try on stone).

What i did wrong? Is it any way to do this?

Another solution for my idea is automatic determining of recipe(like in furnaces) for assembling-machine entity type, but i also don't know how to do it :(

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Multiple results for furnaces.

Post by ficolas »

Furnaces allways seem to have 1 output slot only, maybe it is not possible with furnaces atm.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

ficolas wrote:Furnaces allways seem to have 1 output slot only, maybe it is not possible with furnaces atm.
Yes in current version furnaces are still limited to one output only. Currently only new machines which were introduced in 0.9.x have ability to use multiresult recipies.
I belive developers chose to do so in order to not break existing machines compleetly and thus make game unplayable.
But I'm sure that they will update furnaces and posibly all other machines to be able to use multiresult recipies sooner or later. They just have to make sure that they won't break game with this.

AlexPhoenix
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlexPhoenix »

looks so.

then can i force assemblers to autochoose recipe?(from one input)

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Actually this is more of a not-yet-done feature. The furnace is now hardcoded to check that the recipe has 1 output product, otherwise it won't accept the recipe. I have put this on our todo list.

AlexPhoenix
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlexPhoenix »

slpwnd wrote:Actually this is more of a not-yet-done feature. The furnace is now hardcoded to check that the recipe has 1 output product, otherwise it won't accept the recipe. I have put this on our todo list.
thanks, i will wait for that. ^^

also i found that i was need more flexible input handling. example
set one input stack filtered by smelting, second to one item.
and with this autorecipe can work by first item.

and even more complex. two items limited by category(different of cource), and then we can autochoose by both of them(then i must do recipes for all variants, but it is my problem(but i use my utility helper, so it is easy))

Return to “Modding help”