How to add a new type of logistic robots?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
kengonakajima
Inserter
Inserter

How to add a new type of logistic robots?

Post by kengonakajima »

Hi, I just want to add a new type of logistic robots that can go out of the roboport control area and do something.
I want to color it differently.

I searched factoriomods.com and Lua documents, but I can't find any way to add robot type.

Is there a way to do this?

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How to add a new type of logistic robots?

Post by Adil »

You probably should check tutorial and wiki to learn about possibilities and limitations of the modding.
"type" can not be added to the game by mod, every mod creatively uses those already present and complements what's missing with lua scripting.
Depending on definition of "something" and the scale of "do something" this might be done based on "unit" or "combat-robot" type.
However, one would have to type quite a bunch of lua code to append the "something" functionality.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

kengonakajima
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kengonakajima »

I just want to modify destination position of a construction/logistic bot from Lua,
but not found that API in tutorial and Factorio HTML documents included in game.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

There's no destination position exported from the game engine to lua.
That's why you'd have to use aforementioned classes, that have some equivalent to that and reimplement in lua functionality that is missing from those classes but can be reimplemented.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

Return to “Modding help”