Crafting with an Entity...

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
HellSinker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Crafting with an Entity...

Post by HellSinker »

Hey I'm trying to get my head around prototypes; maybe I am going the wrong way about thing...

I want to make a recipe that can only be crafted with a single entity, and no other. The Smelting interface works well for me, as I would like to consume fuel in the same device which makes the item. The problem with smelters is that you can not smelt raw-wood, and that takes all the fun out of it. So I've been trying to come up with a custom entity prototype based on existing things, but have had no luck with it.

Basically what I am after is an entity which takes a fuel - like wood, or coal, and accepts one input and one output, which requires the consumption of the fuel...

Later, when I've figured out how to do this (thank you to any volunteers who reply) - I'll add more to it.

For now, I'm going to mess around with other aspects of Factorio...

Thanks for the read :) Kudos for any assistance...

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Crafting with an Entity...

Post by StanFear »

HellSinker wrote: The problem with smelters is that you can not smelt raw-wood, and that takes all the fun out of it.
what do you mean you cannot smelt raw wood ?
just add a recipe with crafting category set to smelting and you should be good !

HellSinker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by HellSinker »

Code: Select all

{
		type = "recipe",
		name = "cooked-lumber",
		enabled = true,
		ingredients = 
		{
			{"raw-wood", 4},
		},
		category = "smelting",
		result = "cooked-lumber",
	},
yields

Am I doing something wrong with the category tag? TBH - I'd still rather make a whole new category - say I call it cooking, rather than smelting... becuase I don't see how you can smelt iron effectively on a campfire - which is the item I am trying to make,

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Fuel cannot be smelted. You have to use an assembling machine-type entity.

Return to “Modding help”