-solved- Issues with recipes

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Kelmoir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

-solved- Issues with recipes

Post by Kelmoir »

Hello,

I try to get into modding, and I wanted to create an "green" source for solid fuel as a start. I set up all the data, the game displays everything correctly, no errors, The technology is working....

But when I actually try to craft my algae farm (yes, there is an Item, recipe, entity,..) I just get one Piece of solid fuel instead of the algae farm. Even the algae farm icon is being shown, when I hover over the recipe. I also tried deactivating the solid fuel recipe. The game didn't show them anymore -> same result.
Recipe
Entity
Item
So, someone got an Idea, what I am doing wrong?
Btw: I am using the linux version of the game - in case that matters.
Last edited by Kelmoir on Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krayt
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Issues with recipes

Post by Krayt »

I personally cannot find what is causing the problem in the code. I noticed the order of some elements of the codes is not in the order of the original code. But I think this should not cause a problem. I only could imagine that you maybe accidentally changed something in the base code you used to construct your code. But this is only a guess and I am just a beginner to modding, too.
It might help to attach the mod as a ZIP. Then others could try and see whether the problem reproduces.

Greetings
Krayt

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

When you create a recipe without liquids you need yo use this code:

Code: Select all

ingredients =
    {
      {"steel-plate", 5},
      {"electronic-circuit", 15},
      {"battery", 7}
    },
You dont need use type item, name and amount ( i think this is the bug)

Kelmoir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kelmoir »

Thanks for the Ideas so far.
I tried the change in the recipe, but it didn't change anything. I had more of an opinion about redundant information there anyways.
I did not edit the base data by any means. I actually did a copy of it to my development space.
And the console did not claim any error or warning.
new recipe
As per request I attached the full mod so far. As you might guessed, it is a very early work in progress version. And I am terrible at drawing.
Attachments
SpaceFactorio_0.1.1.zip
the mod with the issue
(245.54 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

And what exactly is the problem with that? Seems to be working as I'd expect it to. Growing algae takes ages, but I guess that's intended.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Krayt
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Krayt »

prg wrote:And what exactly is the problem with that? Seems to be working as I'd expect it to. Growing algae takes ages, but I guess that's intended.
For me everything works like you intended it. I am able to craft the algae farm without getting a piece of solid fuel instead of it. But yeah growing algae takes AGES ;)
But then I probably need more Algae Farms. I would think about allowing modules for the farm maybe. Anyways looks like an interesting mod so far.

//edit: As graphics for the algae farm I would suggest some kind of greenish biodome like a research lab but in green.

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

Krayt wrote:But yeah growing algae takes AGES ;)
But then I probably need more Algae Farms.
Or game.speed=20 if you're just testing.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Kelmoir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kelmoir »

Oh my....

I did even always run the
for i, player in ipairs(game.players) do player.force.reset_recipes() end
command at startup. Plus on my save the technology was always just about to be finished. I'll try again, with a sandbox save. Thanks, though.
The Idea with the green Biodome is nice. I might go for that.

Return to “Modding help”