Smart inserter dialog

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
noxwaste
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Smart inserter dialog

Post by noxwaste »

Hello all,

I am in the middle of working on a new mod that will basically allow the player to have "Smart splitters." For those that are wondering what that might do (seriously?) if you have on one side of the belt iron plates and on the other side of the belt copper plates, instead of placing a splitter and getting two conveyor belts of both materials, you could instead place a splitter, choose which item you want take from the first track, and have the splitter only split that one item. This would work as a "filter" of sorts. I have using the Smart inserter because they are slow as all hell and the splitter makes more sense when getting further into the game and having hundreds on hundreds of conveyor lines.

Any way... I've got the mod all in place and ready to go, however, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the dialog to popup when clicking on the smart splitter so that I can choose an item to filter. Does this need to be done in the "control.lua" file? I currently have filter_count = 2 and programmable = true in the entity.lua file, but that isn't bringing up the dialog.

Thanks for any help I may get here!

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Smart inserter dialog

Post by StanFear »

maybe you should take a look at how they did it there : https://forums.factorio.com/forum/viewtop ... 6&p=118448

Return to “Modding help”