Logistic Network behavior

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Phenix0cs
Inserter
Inserter

Logistic Network behavior

Post by Phenix0cs »

I want to make a in-game item that has a custom behavior with logistic network.
Is it possible to make custom requests from the network?
Can a requester "chest" request only from passive providers?

Thanks for your help.
The only info i found is this https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... ticNetwork
I am not sure what remove_item and insert do.

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Logistic Network behavior

Post by Outsider »

It's not possible to change the behavior of the logistics network, as in you can't have requester chests request only from passive providers.

as for the insert/remove methods, they simply just either add or remove items from the network using an item stack {name = "an item name", count = 1}, but in this case you can also specify where the item will be removed/added to.. "storage, providers, requester", so in a sense you can use these methods to simulate custom logistics network behavior.

for instance you can use the remove_item method to remove an item from passive providers, and then use the insert method to add the same item into a requester or a storage chest, too bad you can't select a specific chest tho :)
Advanced Logistics System - Provides a detailed view of your logistics network and the items within it

Phenix0cs
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Phenix0cs »

Thanks for the info.

I tried to use remove_item and insert but the problem I have is that it does without using robots, which kinda defeat the purpose of tying it to the logistic network.

Is there a way to use them with the robots moving the items?

I need to pull only from passive provider to avoid creating a loop between requester and storage.

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

Yeah the methods run in the background, as in there is no visual indication of it happening using logistics robots, afaik there is no way to simulate/force logistics robots moving to a certain position.. however it can be done with construction robots by placing a fake/invisible entity ghost at the positions you want the robots to be at, but that's not really what you want.
Advanced Logistics System - Provides a detailed view of your logistics network and the items within it

Return to “Modding help”