different crafting speed per biome

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

different crafting speed per biome

Post by cartmen180 »

I am working on a digger that collects sand (type=assembling machine) and I would like it to work faster in the dessert than it does on darker soil.
Unfortunately I have no clue how to go about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Check out my mods

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: different crafting speed per biome

Post by Ranakastrasz »

While there is a method to detect what terrain is at a particilar location, I don't think there is a method to alter crafting speed.

There was a mod that basically covered every tile of desert with sand ore, but it had side effects and wasn't exactly ideal.

You might be able to use a chest type item instead, which via script gets sand added to it. You would need to use a dummy power consumer for it to use power.

It might be possible for an assembler to have items added to it by script in the same way, depending on the terrain. Something like on event finished crafting or something.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

would it be possible to restrict placing entities based on the biome?
Check out my mods

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I believe so.
Not sure if offshore pumps use some kind of water pathing option or if it is a terrain validation, but that might have an answer.

If all else fails, just use the on-placement events (robos and so on as well) and if the terrain doesn't match what you want, simulate picking it back up. Admittedly, bots might not be able to do that. You might be able to disable it if in a bad location.

If you look at my fishing pole mod, I validate for water when searching for fish. It probably isn't that efficient, but I am not really that good at scripting yet.

I am pretty sure you should be able to have a crafting machine which adds extra items when it finishes a craft.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “Modding help”