recipe hidden in hand but not in machine

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

recipe hidden in hand but not in machine

Post by matjojo »

I am looking for a possibility to make some recipes hidden in hand but not in a assembling machine with the correct category tags.

I have tried the hidden tag. but that made the recipe hidden in and out of the assembling machine, is there a way around this?

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: recipe hidden in hand but not in machine

Post by ratchetfreak »

filtering and emptying crude oil barrels are hidden for handcrafting but shown in the assembler

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

ratchetfreak wrote:filtering and emptying crude oil barrels are hidden for handcrafting but shown in the assembler

yeah, gonna look into those! thanks

edit: I tried adding a energy needed rag to the recipes but it didn't work. gonna search on

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

ratchetfreak wrote:filtering and emptying crude oil barrels are hidden for handcrafting but shown in the assembler
They are not hidden for handcrafting, they are just greyed out. They have the category "crafting-with-fluid" set, which can't be crafted in hand, only with assemblers 2 and 3.
There's another crafting category "advanced-crafting" which is currently only used by the engine unit. They are also greyed out with handcrafting and can also only be crafted in assembler 2 and 3.

This is the entry for assembler 2/3:

Code: Select all

crafting_categories = {"crafting", "advanced-crafting", "crafting-with-fluid"}
And the engine unit has the following category set:

category = "advanced-crafting"
Code for empty-crude-oil-barrel:

type = "recipe",
    name = "empty-crude-oil-barrel",
    category = "crafting-with-fluid",
    [...]
You could use these categories to limit the machines that can craft these items. However, they will still show up in the handcrafting menu, but are not craftable by hand.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

daniel34 wrote:
ratchetfreak wrote:
filtering and emptying crude oil barrels are hidden for handcrafting but shown in the assembler
They are not hidden for handcrafting, they are just greyed out. They have the category "crafting-with-fluid" set, which can't be crafted in hand, only with assemblers 2 and 3.
There's another crafting category "advanced-crafting" which is currently only used by the engine unit. They are also greyed out with handcrafting and can also only be crafted in assembler 2 and 3.

This is the entry for assembler 2/3:

crafting_categories = {"crafting", "advanced-crafting", "crafting-with-fluid"}
And the engine unit has the following category set:

category = "advanced-crafting"
Code for empty-crude-oil-barrel:

type = "recipe",
    name = "empty-crude-oil-barrel",
    category = "crafting-with-fluid",
    [...]
You could use these categories to limit the machines that can craft these items. However, they will still show up in the handcrafting menu, but are not craftable by hand.
[/spoiler]

yeah, thanks, but because my mod adds almost 300 recipes(when done), id like the recipes to be hidden. or if possible have their own tab.

GopherAtl
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GopherAtl »

hidden doesn't seem possible, but their own tab (or tabs) certainly is. Just define an item group prototype - which just has a name, type="item-group," an icon, and an order field that works like other order fields but orders the tab among the other tabs. Then specify that name as the subgroup value in your prototype for the items.

Guessing this is for the EE mod, an EE version of all the standard tab groups might be the best option given you can't hide them completely. I will note that you could do this without recipes and assembling machines at all, though you wouldn't get the same kind of straightforward gui - a chest that just pulls items from it's inventory at some interval and outputs EMC could work without needing actual formal recipes that would show up in any list, or have to be selected at all, though you'd still have to define (or calculate) emc values for arbitrary items somewhere. Crafting on the other end is a different problem, but could be pulled off with trickery and no actual recipes or crafting machines too - perhaps a constant combinator, which players set their requested items to, and as the requests are filled you could update the requests, subtracting from the values.
My Mods:
Nixie Tubes - numeric displays for your circuit networks!
Logistic Combinators - use logistics values in circuit logic! -
Autowire - automate red/green wire connections

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

GopherAtl wrote:hidden doesn't seem possible, but their own tab (or tabs) certainly is. Just define an item group prototype - which just has a name, type="item-group," an icon, and an order field that works like other order fields but orders the tab among the other tabs. Then specify that name as the subgroup value in your prototype for the items.

Guessing this is for the EE mod, an EE version of all the standard tab groups might be the best option given you can't hide them completely. I will note that you could do this without recipes and assembling machines at all, though you wouldn't get the same kind of straightforward gui - a chest that just pulls items from it's inventory at some interval and outputs EMC could work without needing actual formal recipes that would show up in any list, or have to be selected at all, though you'd still have to define (or calculate) emc values for arbitrary items somewhere.

yeah, I also had that idea. but for now I'm doing it like this. it will (probably change though to a gui a bit like in EE2)

also. I cant seem to find the spot where to define the item groups. do you know where?

GopherAtl
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GopherAtl »

anywhere you're doing a data:extend. the groupings in subfiles/folders of prototypes, recipes, technology, etc. are conventions for organization, not rules; your data.lua could just have everything in one massive data:extend if you really wanted. I'd throw them in with the recipes personally.
My Mods:
Nixie Tubes - numeric displays for your circuit networks!
Logistic Combinators - use logistics values in circuit logic! -
Autowire - automate red/green wire connections

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

that worked, thanks!

Return to “Modding help”