Modifying recipes at runtime

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Incinirate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Modifying recipes at runtime

Post by Incinirate »

So, I need to modify a recipe while the game is running, so I am wondering if this is even possible atm?

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Modifying recipes at runtime

Post by FishSandwich »

You want to change a recipe midgame? I'm not sure that's possible.

You could however have two(or more) recipes, and just switch between them whenever whatever you have happening, happens.

Incinirate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Incinirate »

FishSandwich wrote:You want to change a recipe midgame? I'm not sure that's possible.

You could however have two(or more) recipes, and just switch between them whenever whatever you have happening, happens.
Yeah, I thought that might be the case, I saw that you can get the recipes from game.player.force.recipes, but they are read only, thanks anyway.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Incinirate wrote:
FishSandwich wrote:You want to change a recipe midgame? I'm not sure that's possible.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case, I saw that you can get the recipes from game.player.force.recipes, but they are read only, thanks anyway.
It's not currently possible to modify recipes mid-game through scripts but that is a desired feature at some point.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Modding help”