Rocket Item Prototype

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
BraveCaperCat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Rocket Item Prototype

Post by BraveCaperCat »

I have checked, and there is no prototype with the type of Item for the Rocket Item. i would like to know what type the Rocket Item goes by, since this is nil:

Code: Select all

data.raw['rocket']['rocket']
and my mod won't work unless i can find the rocket item prototype.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Rocket Item Prototype

Post by FuryoftheStars »

https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/pro ... otype.html

It's exact listing in the game field I don't know, but you should be able to search the Lua files with information from there.

(Edit: Wrong "rocket" :P)
Last edited by FuryoftheStars on Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

BraveCaperCat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BraveCaperCat »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:45 pm

It's exact listing in the game field I don't know, but you should be able to search the Lua files with information from there.
I meant the missile thing.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

BraveCaperCat wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:40 pm
FuryoftheStars wrote:

As far as I'm aware, that is the missile thing. "rocket-silo-rocket"
(Edit: Also, the description from the link I gave before is "The rocket inside the rocket silo".)

The silo is just "rocket-silo": https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/pro ... otype.html

(Edit: Wrong "rocket" :P)
Last edited by FuryoftheStars on Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

BraveCaperCat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BraveCaperCat »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:49 pm
BraveCaperCat wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:40 pm
FuryoftheStars wrote:

As far as I'm aware, that is the missile thing. "rocket-silo-rocket"
(Edit: Also, the description from the link I gave before is "The rocket inside the rocket silo".)

The silo is just "rocket-silo": https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/pro ... otype.html
Like the item version of this: https://wiki.factorio.com/Rocket
I should have posted this from the start.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Ah, apologies, I was thinking of the wrong rocket. :P

data.raw.ammo.rocket

It's in the item.lua file in the base game files.

BraveCaperCat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BraveCaperCat »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:31 pm
Ah, apologies, I was thinking of the wrong rocket. :P

data.raw.ammo.rocket

It's in the item.lua file in the base game files.
I think i figured that one out by myself just a bit before you posted it.

I also think that the prototypes by the name of 'rocket-silo' and 'rocket-silo-rocket' are not the same as the prototype by the name of 'rocket'

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

BraveCaperCat wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:21 pm
I also think that the prototypes by the name of 'rocket-silo' and 'rocket-silo-rocket' are not the same as the prototype by the name of 'rocket'
Well, yeah. Rocket is the thing you fire from a rocket launcher at biters, while rocket silo is the structure that launches the rocket silo rocket into orbit.

I came to this thread just after reading a couple other threads about the rocket silos and modding them of which you had posted in, and thus I got mixed up on what exactly you were looking for. That's my fault. The picture would've definitely have helped me ( :mrgreen: ), but that wasn't on you or required of you to provide. It was my mistake.

BraveCaperCat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BraveCaperCat »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:06 pm
BraveCaperCat wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:21 pm
Well, yeah. Rocket is the thing you fire from a rocket launcher at biters, while rocket silo is the structure that launches the rocket silo rocket into orbit.

I came to this thread just after reading a couple other threads about the rocket silos and modding them of which you had posted in, and thus I got mixed up on what exactly you were looking for. That's my fault. The picture would've definitely have helped me ( :mrgreen: ), but that wasn't on you or required of you to provide. It was my mistake.
Yeah. Again, i should have posted that link on the original post. The rocket (ammo) icon is what i wanted to use for an icon for my mod, which does some rocket silo changes. I just thought that the rocket silo (rocket) icons and textures are not detailed enough and too big respectively for an icon for an (unobtainable) item. That would be the Rocket Item. But not the Ammo prototype, just a regular Item. it is the Rocket 'Part' that the recipe i am using in the rocket silo in this mod, makes. It is equivelent to the Rocket Part icon in Unmodded Factorio.

Return to “Modding help”