How do I access a construction robot's build target?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Threebow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

How do I access a construction robot's build target?

Post by Threebow »

Hi everyone!

I am trying to access the ghost LuaEntity that a specific construction bot is trying to build. I have the construction bot LuaEntity, but I cannot find any property on the Lua API that references what the construction bot's destination ghost/deconstruction target/upgrade target is (i.e. what the construction bot is ultimately wanting to travel to, sans any roboport for recharging).

While researching my options, I found this article, saying "robots target we can do". However, upon further inspection, it appears that this was never implemented -- I found no such "delivery_target", "destination", etc. properties or anything remotely similar as described in the post.

Keep in mind that I am trying to work from the bots to the items, not the other way around -- I understand that listing the incoming bots for a particular ghost is very expensive, this is not my goal, instead I simply want to access a specific bot's target.

Any way this is possible? It has been two years since the last reply on that post, and I don't want to necropost, so I figured I'd make this new post.

Thank you!

Return to “Modding help”