Create fluid from entity?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Create fluid from entity?

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Hi there,

I've been attempting my first mod called Evolution. Its about turning biters to your control. But now i got to making the hives.. however

How do i get a fluid from an entity? Basicly this is how i want it.

Machine that can be put over fish to fish > fish gets via inserter into machine > fish gets "squeezed" > liquid comes out > liquid can be integrated in the assembly machine / research lab i have.

What would be the code for this particular setup or where can i find it? The wiki has somewhat a... very limited description of this.
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Create fluid from entity?

Post by Natha »

you need the fluidbox: https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... y#fluidbox
The fluidbox array is avaiable for tanks, assembling machines, pipes and other liquid holding entities.

ahh... i know what you mean... a recipe that produces fluid? No problem, the results property in the recipe looks like the following:

Code: Select all

results = {
  {type="fluid", name="whatever", amount=0.1}
}

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Create fluid from entity?

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Natha wrote:you need the fluidbox: https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... y#fluidbox
The fluidbox array is avaiable for tanks, assembling machines, pipes and other liquid holding entities.

ahh... i know what you mean... a recipe that produces fluid? No problem, the results property in the recipe looks like the following:

Code: Select all

results = {
  {type="fluid", name="whatever", amount=0.1}
}

Ah thanks! that helped :D
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

Return to “Modding help”