Modding Basic: Adding a new ores

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Arin Burke U
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Modding Basic: Adding a new ores

Post by Arin Burke U »

Hello. Not long ago I decided to start modding Factorio. Something I could find on the Internet about basic things. I wanted to rework resources in the game and wanted to start by adding new ores to the game. But, unfortunately, I don't know how to do it. I watched how it was done in the game files - I did not understand anything. I tried to find something on the Internet - I found nothing. Perhaps I was looking badly, I do not exclude it. If someone can explain how this is done (preferably with an example code, since I'm completely new to modding this game) - thank you so much.

Arin Burke U
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Modding Basic: Adding a new ores

Post by Arin Burke U »

You just dropped the file from the game. I know that it contains the resources that are in the game. But when I try to do the same as it is written there, nothing works.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Modding Basic: Adding a new ores

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Take a look at this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SigmaOne_Nuclear

Adds a new ore (fluorine) that spawns in game and has a slider on the map gen screen.

Also, when ready to release, consider messaging the author of the Resource Spawner Overhaul mod so they can add support for your mod’s ores.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Modding help”