Personal Logistic Requests change

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Jaxus99
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Personal Logistic Requests change

Post by Jaxus99 »

Hi,

A cursory search in google and the frequently suggested topic suggests this particular request has not been made before.

In vanilla, I sometimes encounter this issue, but during my Space Exploration playthrough I encounter it even more. Whenever I do certain activities, certain inventories are optimal. It is currently tedious to change between different inventories. Not only do I need to edit numerous settings in my personal logistics tab, I also have to find the particular item request if its already been made before. Unlike items in your inventory, personal logistic requests do not auto-sort. So unless a very meticulous approach is applied, it becomes a mess.

I currently see several ways to improve it:

- Autosort logistic requests in the same way the inventory is sorted, with items set to 0 (as you do with stone / wood / etc.) being sorted to the bottom right.
My reasoning here is that I can usually find my way through the inventory seeing as how its been sorted the same through all my hundreds of hours of play, so if that is copied to the logistic requests screen I can find it there too

- Clicking an item as if you are making an entirely new request pops up the existing request with its number, allowing you to change it instead of saying "A request for this item already exists" and forcing you to look for it in the mess you've (I've? I cant be alone in this right? :lol: ) made

- If I click an item as if making a new request, have the request if it's already been made flash about for 5 - 10 seconds so I can spot it easily

Those are my suggestions. I hope they are simple enough to implement. I'm incredibly excited for all the FFF's being posted lately, we're all being spoilt here

Have a good weekend!

atomizer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Personal Logistic Requests change

Post by atomizer »

I think this is already addressed by logistic groups that will be added in 2.0 https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-382

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Yep, moving this to implemented for 2.0
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jamiechi1 »

As long as it can be disabled, this will work for me. But for some reason it is sorted when playing SE. I don't like it.
Edit: It was the Logistics Requests Sorted Mod. I don't know how that got installed. I didn't do it. Really.

Return to “Implemented in 2.0”