[1.1.91] Allow unselecting category in the ingame mod browser

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[1.1.91] Allow unselecting category in the ingame mod browser

Post by Koub »

TL;DR
Once a mod category has been selected in the ingame mod browser, it's impossible to go back to "no category" selected. Please allow to empty that filter.

What ?
Upon entering the mod browser, there is no filtering by category, all mods are browsed :
No category selected yet.jpg
No category selected yet.jpg (25.01 KiB) Viewed 467 times

Once a category has been chosen, one can't go back to "no filtering by category" :
Can't empty category once one has been selected.jpg
Can't empty category once one has been selected.jpg (22.63 KiB) Viewed 467 times

Bear in mind that the "no category" value is not the same as "no value selected in the menu" : "no category" value filters the mods and only show those that have no category.

The current way to achieve the result is to leave the mod browser, and get back into the mod browser. This shouldn't be necessary.
Why ?
From an UI perspective, I strongly believe that any interface allowing entering a value should offer the possibility to revert to the default "no value" once a field has been filled.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

picklock
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.1.91] Allow unselecting category in the ingame mod browser

Post by picklock »

+1
My Mods: Picklocks Fusion Power | Picklocks Inserter | Picklocks Lithium Polymer Accumulator | Picklocks rocket silo stats | Picklocks Set Inventory Filters

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.91] Allow unselecting category in the ingame mod browser

Post by Klonan »

With refactorings and cleanups, we got this fixed in 2.0

Return to “Implemented in 2.0”