[Oxyd] [1.0.0] [Minor] Sometimes the dependency highlight in the tech tree does not work correctly

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[Oxyd] [1.0.0] [Minor] Sometimes the dependency highlight in the tech tree does not work correctly

Post by valneq »

When hovering over a technology in the tech tree, you normally see a highlight in yellow, indicating the dependencies of the tech you hover over, sometimes it does not:
tech_tree_no_highlight.jpg
tech_tree_no_highlight.jpg (343 KiB) Viewed 2165 times
What I expected to see:
tech_tree_highlight.jpg
tech_tree_highlight.jpg (358.62 KiB) Viewed 2165 times
My settings: Factorio 1.0.0, no mods, 125% UI scale, 2560×1440 full screen, Arch Linux via Steam.

How to reproduce: move cursor quickly between neighboring techs (e.g. Spidertron and Atomic bomb) in the tech tree. Sometimes it does not draw the highlight. Sometimes it does. Appears to depend on the time between showing different highlights. The quicker, the more frequently it breaks.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Oxyd] [1.0.0] [Minor] Sometimes the dependency highlight in the tech tree does not work correctly

Post by Oxyd »

I can't realy reproduce this and it's a pretty minor thing anyway, so moving to minor issues.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] [1.0.0] [Minor] Sometimes the dependency highlight in the tech tree does not work correctly

Post by valneq »

Fair enough, I agree that it's a minor issue. However, I am surprised that you cannot reproduce it. I run into this all the time.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

I was also able to easily replicate this on Mac by moving the mouse quickly between neighboring techs. As described in the OP, the actual tech is still correctly highlighted, but the yellow border of that tech and all dependencies are not highlighted.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Chris857
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Chris857 »

I was able to reproduce this in 1.1.0 using steps like Xorimuth describes. It isn't the easiest the thing to reproduce, but I do have a video recording if that would help.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

How to reproduce in 1.1.1
Attachments
2020-11-27 14-23-22.mp4
(3.93 MiB) Downloaded 88 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

This is fixed in 2.0.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Fixed for 2.0”