[1.1.94] Passive battery drain while modular armor is unequipped (modded)

Oryalo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.94] Passive battery drain while modular armor is unequipped (modded)

Post by Oryalo »

Hello,

This issue only manifests when using equipment that has passive power drain. There is no such equipment in the base game and so this problem is not visible, but when using modded equipment (such as energy shields in Space Exploration), the problem appears and, to my understanding, is caused by base game behavior.

I've provided a sandbox mode save to help reproduce this. It contains the mod required to manifest the behavior.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Equip a Modular Armor.
2. In the Modular Armor grid, equip one Personal Battery, one Energy Shield Mk3 (modded Space Exploration item with passive power drain), and 19 Portable Solar Panels to generate power.
3. Wait until the shield and battery are charged to 100%.
4. Unequip Modular Armor, leave it in inventory, and wait idle and un-paused for 2 minutes.
5. Re-equip Modular Armor.

Expected behavior: Battery is at 100%, the same level it was before unequipping it.
Observed behavior: Battery is already discharged to 60%. Discharge is proportional to wait time, indicating that the battery has been discharging while unequipped.

Thank you in advance! :D
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(103.66 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
energy_shield.zip
(4.24 MiB) Downloaded 24 times

Wiwiweb
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.94] Passive battery drain while modular armor is unequipped (modded)

Post by Wiwiweb »

The thing that made me think this was unintended Factorio behavior is that it's inconsistent with energy generators.

Equipments with passive energy generation in unequipped armors stop producing energy.
But equipments with passive energy drain in unequipped armors continue draining energy.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I've changed it for 2.0 so it won't do the electric drain/transfer logic when armor is not equipped.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Oryalo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Oryalo »

Thank you very much for the speedy fix :)

Have a great day.

Return to “Fixed for 2.0”