[1.1.16] Shift/Ctrl/Alt not recognized when clicking while unfocused

Bugs that are actually features.
Shendare
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.16] Shift/Ctrl/Alt not recognized when clicking while unfocused

Post by Shendare »

> What did you do?

Playing windowed mode, but might affect full screen as well. When tabbed away from the Factorio window and holding Shift, Ctrl, or Alt modifier keys when clicking back in, the modifier keys are not recognized, and the game treats it as an unmodified click.

> What happened?

I alt-tabbed away from Factorio window with an assembling machine interface open. When I moused back over Factorio and Shift-clicked on a stack of items to send the stack into the machine, the game picked up the items instead, as if I had not been holding Shift when I clicked.

> What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!

I expected the click on the items to be processed with the Shift or Ctrl modifier recognized, and send the stack of items or all current items into the machine to be handled. Alt is likely similarly affected as a modifier key, if it's mapped to such features.

I don't know whether it's the result of a limitation of Windows messaging, or something that can easily be detected/corrected.

Sorry if this is a re-post. Didn't find it in an Advanced search.

Edit: Reworded the example usage to relate to actual current game functionality.
Attachments
factorio-current.7z
(6.48 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.16] Shift/Ctrl/Alt not recognized when clicking while unfocused

Post by kovarex »

This is not really a bug, the keys are only registered when (after) you activate the window.

Shendare
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.16] Shift/Ctrl/Alt not recognized when clicking while unfocused

Post by Shendare »

Yay, Microsoft.

Thanks.

Return to “Not a bug”