[1.1.3] - Spidertron Grid UI not usable at UI Scale 125%

Bugs that are actually features.
baronbadger
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.3] - Spidertron Grid UI not usable at UI Scale 125%

Post by baronbadger »

I have attached a screenshot of the spidertron grid at 125% UI scale. The same is true of the logistics menu at 125% UI Scale.
It is easy to reproduce the error - just set the ui scale to 125% then open the spidertron grid.
Other vehicles trunks, such as the tank appear to be fine.

Thank you so much for all your fine work on this game. It is one of my favourites :D.
SpidertronGridError.PNG
SpidertronGridError.PNG (650.94 KiB) Viewed 1085 times

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [1.1.3] - Spidertron Grid UI not usable at UI Scale 125%

Post by Oxyd »

How big is your screen? Larger UI scales are for larger screens, from your screenshot it looks like there simply isn't enough space for the enlarged GUI to fit.

baronbadger
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by baronbadger »

I'm running a 23" screen at 1080p.

All of the other menus in the game are fine, and I really like the increased UI scale as I find I get eye strain from reading the small font at 100% scale.

Is it possibly an issue with how the screen real estate is used for the spidertron menu? As the grid / trunk / logistics tabs are more useful than the spidertron character menu, which is largely just showing a picture of spidertron (though a picture of spidertron is pretty great).
I.e. is it possible to make the tabs at the top of the spidertron menu, or make the picture of spidertron a bit smaller in favour of the grid / logistics / trunk?

Also very impressed with how quickly you picked up the message.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

1080 is generally the minimum for 100% UI scale, and we decided to only fix some big problems (hidden buttons and such) when it is not complicated for smaller resolution, but in this case, I have to say not a bug, either change UI scale to 100% or live with.

We bascially have to draw a line, or we would be solving infinite GUI problems for smaller and smaller resolutions forever, sorry.

Return to “Not a bug”