[1.1.3] All single click interaction now requires double click

Bugs that are actually features.
herostwist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.3] All single click interaction now requires double click

Post by herostwist »

Running 1.1.3 on MacOs Big Sur [11.0.1]. Every menu and interaction in the game that used to be single click, now requires you to double click. Game is unplayable due to any action that requires a click and drag is not working at all.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.3] All single click interaction now requires double click

Post by kovarex »

I would highly recommend to avoid using this operating system and reverting to previous one.
https://www.google.com/search?q=apple+b ... ing+on+you

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

kovarex wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:40 pm
I would highly recommend to avoid using this operating system and reverting to previous one.
https://www.google.com/search?q=apple+b ... ing+on+you
Assuming that you are referring to the OS contacting Apple's servers when you open a program for the first time, that's been going on since Catalina (https://lapcatsoftware.com/articles/cat ... ables.html) and indeed Mojave I think. It only became visible to the mainstream when it temporarily stopped working around the release of Big Sur. I have a hard time believing that it is any worse than whatever telemetry Windows tracks you with.

@OP I feel like I've experienced that before (on macOS), but certainly not regularly. Have you tried just restarting your computer or playing around with the graphics settings to see if it fixes it?
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Nothing has changed in our input handling for clicks in a long time. So if it ever worked for you (and it does for others) then something on your end is causing it - outside of our control.

My recommendation is also to use a different operating system for many other reasons - but I know that's not something that can typically just be switched.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

herostwist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by herostwist »

Thanks kovarex for your take on operating systems. Thanks Rseding91 for the reply. My problem happened when updating from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 but if I am the only person having this issue I must concede the timing must be a coincidence. I will see what I can do my end.

shaiclist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.13] Sporadic double-click collapsing when using Steam launcher

Post by shaiclist »

~10% of the time factorio is launched via Steam, clicking once on anything in factorio doesn't register and a second click is required. When double-clicking on interface buttons, inventory slots, etc. in these launches the game responds as expected when you single click. It stays this way for as long as factorio is running. Quitting and relaunching factorio usually fixes this.

This bug appears to be long-standing. Earlier reports:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=67810&p=416597&hil ... ac#p416597
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ ... 539279191/
It seems like the mac steam launcher interacts with the launched game somehow.

I've experienced this bug with no mods enabled and going back many versions; the attached log does have mods enabled.

Merged...
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(15.52 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.13] Sporadic double-click collapsing when using Steam launcher

Post by Xorimuth »

I play on Mac, and I've had this happen a couple of times over the last 2 years. Restarting the game always solves it. Seeing as the issue is so sporadic, and the macOS user base being so small, I wouldn't expect this to get fixed.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

kfunk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kfunk »

Also ran into this issue upon updating to Big Sur. Restarting the game helped... for now.

herrkocur
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.13] Sporadic double-click collapsing when using Steam launcher

Post by herrkocur »

shaiclist wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:54 pm
~10% of the time factorio is launched via Steam, clicking once on anything in factorio doesn't register and a second click is required. When double-clicking on interface buttons, inventory slots, etc. in these launches the game responds as expected when you single click. It stays this way for as long as factorio is running. Quitting and relaunching factorio usually fixes this.

This bug appears to be long-standing. Earlier reports:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=67810&p=416597&hil ... ac#p416597
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ ... 539279191/
It seems like the mac steam launcher interacts with the launched game somehow.

I've experienced this bug with no mods enabled and going back many versions; the attached log does have mods enabled.

Merged...
That hint helped. If you "shift+tab" to open overlay and close it clicking works as usual. Thanks!

Return to “Not a bug”