[1.1.1] Deconstruction & Upgrade Planners inside Blueprint books show incorrect held item

Bugs that are actually features.
Tealc.
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.1] Deconstruction & Upgrade Planners inside Blueprint books show incorrect held item

Post by Tealc. »

The following was also present in 1.0.

When Deconstruction or Upgrade Planners are stored inside Blueprint books and that book is held in hand, both will display as a blueprint book rather than the red or green planners that they represent.

This can become especially confusing when scrolling through a Blueprint Book when all three are present (blueprints, decon and upgrade planers) as when you get to a deconstruction or upgrade planner they show as a Blueprint Book icon/image so its not immediately obvious what they are. It doesn't help that nothing is actually shown on the ground in the same way as blueprints.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.1] Deconstruction & Upgrade Planners inside Blueprint books show incorrect held item

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the rep ort however no they don't. The deconstruction planner/upgrade planner renders on top of the book as expected when you scroll through it.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (13.75 KiB) Viewed 798 times
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

radu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.1] Deconstruction & Upgrade Planners inside Blueprint books show incorrect held item

Post by radu »

Something like this happened to me as well:

I had a book with two upgrade planners, the book was added directly into game blueprints and the planners directly in it. Cycling through the upgrade planners cycled the planner name but not the planner icon and actual contents of the planner. After moving the book to the inventory it started working correctly. I was not able to reproduce by loading an autosave.

Loading the autosave did not assign the blueprint book to the toolbar, although as far as I remember it was assigned.
I don't know if this is related, but just before this happened, I had a logistic bot taking away from me a blueprint that was assigned to the toolbar.

Return to “Not a bug”