[1.x] Steam issues

Bugs that are actually features.
burninghey
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[1.x] Steam issues

Post by burninghey »

I just hit the save file limit for steam (12.6 GB). Instead deleting them in-game, I moved the old save files to another location.
Now Steam tries to re-download all the old 12GB over my pesky internet connection (2 mbit) and stops me from playing factorio (it does not start..).

Had problems like this before. While I'm fine playing Factorio, even Multiplayer works with low bandwidth. But every time steam tries to sync the save files. So to quit Factorio, and start it again is impossible. Takes forever ..

My workaround: kill everything steam related in task manager, start again. If it does not work, set steam to offline mode. Play around. Restart for Multiplayer, and hope steam does not sync.

I'm not sure if you can do anything about that behaviour...

movax20h
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.x] Steam issues

Post by movax20h »

This is not really factorio or 1.x issue.

If you want to permanently delete these files, what you can do, is this: Start factorio, alt-tab back to desktop, remove manually any files you want (i.e. specific save files), go back to factorio and exit it normally. Steam will think that the game removed these files, and remove them from your cloud account. It is important to have factorio running, when doing these operations, otherwise on the next launch steam will redownload files it things are missing.

Alternatively you can visit https://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorage and manage it there.

You can also disable the steam cloud saves completely in Factorio -> Properties -> UPDATES -> Steam Cloud: "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Factorio"

If you have further issues, please check Steam FAQ, and Steam forums instead.

Return to “Not a bug”