[1.0] Destroyed buildings and bots not included in stats

Bugs that are actually features.
KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.0] Destroyed buildings and bots not included in stats

Post by KiwiHawk »

TL;DR
Placing waterfill under buildings (and vehicles, drones, etc) destroys the entity. This is fine and expected. The destroyed entity is not included in Kills/Losses statistics.

Is this a mod issue or base game?

----
I'm using Klonan's Construction Drones mod. I noticed that several of my personal drones were missing. They have a habit of getting stuck in piping but also sometimes wander into range of a worm and get themselves killed. Looking on the production statistics screen, I can see the total number of bots produced and destroyed this game. Simple subtraction tells me how many I should have and need to find. Eventually I worked out that they had been "silently" destroyed :(

I did more testing, deliberately placing waterfill under buildings and routes where drones where travelling. Buildings and drones destroyed this way aren't included in the kill stats.

Thanks!
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.0] Destroyed buildings and bots not included in stats

Post by Xorimuth »

Almost certainly not a bug. Internally, 'kill' is not the same as 'destroy', and in this case, the entities are destroyed, not killed, so there's no reason to add them to the 'Kills' statistics.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

As a player, I don't care about internally. I care about what I can see! For something that isn't used in any recipes, Produced - Killed = Number on Map. Or at least it should!
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

I think it would be reasonable to include these entities in the kill statistics (and not the losses). But here are some thoughts against it:

First of I never heard of anyone using the kill statistics as a way to tell how many of an entity they placed down (I honestly can’t even think of a reason why this information would ever be useful to me). Also this seams very impractical since some of them could be in chests somewhere and the build statistics also don’t help in case of drones, since you can deploy them automatically. Maybe I am overthinking this. Feel free to explain it to me again.

This is not a vanilla issue since you can’t remove landfill or place waterfill.

If a chest with content it gets destroyed/killed it’s content is also not included in the statistics.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Not a bug”