[1.0.0] Number of available artillery turrets is white in hand

Bugs that are actually features.
ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.0.0] Number of available artillery turrets is white in hand

Post by ickputzdirwech »

So if you assign an artillery targeting remote to your quickbar, the small number in the bottom right corner doesn't tell you how many artillery targeting remotes you have, but instead how many artillery turrets are in range of the spot you are standing on. If the number is 0 it is red and if the number is above zero it is green.
It works similar when you hold an artillery remote in your hand. And when the number is 0 it is red. However if the number is above zero it is white and not green. Of course the same should apply for the discharge defense remote.
0 is red.png
0 is red.png (47.36 KiB) Viewed 354 times
number is white.png
number is white.png (60.66 KiB) Viewed 354 times
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.0.0] Number of available artillery turrets is white in hand

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that is all correct: the quickbar count is unrelated to the cursor count and the colors they use are unrelated to each other.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Number of available artillery turrets is white in hand

Post by ickputzdirwech »

I am aware that the number in your quickbar and your hand can be different, since the number in the quickbar depends on the player position and the number in your hand depends on your cursor position. They are still pretty much the same as they both show the number of artillery turrets that can target this position. I am guessing that the number in the quickbar is green or red, to indicate that it is not showing the number of remotes in your inventory like for every other item, but something different. It is quite odd that the number isn't green when you hold it in your hand, even though it shows pretty much the same thing and even is red when equal to 0.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Not a bug”