[Solved] Bugs won't attack anymore / spawners consume 0 pollution inside cloud

Bugs that are actually features.
Landorin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Solved] Bugs won't attack anymore / spawners consume 0 pollution inside cloud

Post by Landorin »

Hi all,

I've been playing a game on my own dedicated server with my gf (v0.17.79, we both use 0 mods -> fresh install from Steam). I kept enabling and disabling peace mode as well as kept evolution at 0, perhaps that is related. At some point I wanted some challenge, turned peaceful mode off but the bugs do not care, they just walk around their spawners. Even when really close to an experimental small base they do not care. I even spawned spawners right in the middle of the pollution cloud but the spawners consume 0 pollution. So they attack when you go to close but they do not attack the bases. I attached the save game. If you need more info let me know.
Attachments
my-save.zip
(25.92 MiB) Downloaded 43 times
Last edited by Landorin on Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Bugs won't attack anymore / spawners consume 0 pollution inside cloud

Post by Oxyd »

Hello, it looks that your attack cost modifier is set to 0, which means that no amount of pollution will provoke an attack. To reset the attack cost modifier back to 1, you can use the following command:

Code: Select all

/c game.map_settings.pollution.enemy_attack_pollution_consumption_modifier = 1
Unless the game somehow set the modifier to 0 on its own, this is not a bug.

Landorin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs won't attack anymore / spawners consume 0 pollution inside cloud

Post by Landorin »

Hi,

thanks a lot for your reply and the given solution! To rule out any other possible bugs as you mentioned I checked the original files in the headless server file I downloaded as well as the current map-settings files. Apparently I had changed that value by accident. The original file that came with the download has the value set to 1. So definitely human / layer 8 error, not a bug. Thanks again!

Return to “Not a bug”