Apparent unit pathfinding bug, demonstrated with Construction Drones (Klonan Mod)

Bugs that are actually features.
Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Apparent unit pathfinding bug, demonstrated with Construction Drones (Klonan Mod)

Post by Reika »

The pathfinding on these has been...problematic for some time, but today it has broken completely; I noticed a drone doing a dance on a specific piece of rail, and when I ran over to it, more drones exited my inventory to join it, leaving me with multiple drones awaiting death by train.

Worse, removing the rail they are on causes them to immediately run to another nearby rail piece, almost as if they are seeking it out.

Seeing as these units use the vanilla pathfinder, there appears to be a game bug at hand.

I have both a GIF and a save to demonstrate:
https://i.imgur.com/iyQ9RwP.mp4
Attachments
0.18-survival-real-retrogen-choke-oreregen-treerepair-movewall-repollute3-attacking-b3-resmelt-path2.zip
(7.45 MiB) Downloaded 47 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Apparent unit pathfinding bug, demonstrated with Construction Drones (Klonan Mod)

Post by Klonan »

A mod is setting the drones to collide with rails,

I don't see anything broken here in the game logic

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Apparent unit pathfinding bug, demonstrated with Construction Drones (Klonan Mod)

Post by Reika »

Klonan wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:07 pm
A mod is setting the drones to collide with rails,

I don't see anything broken here in the game logic
After back and forth experimentation, the root cause was actually the prototype caching holding onto an old collision mask (ie water-tile) from an early version of my attempt at the water pathfinding fix (ie https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Construct ... 000c5a7f39). Turning off said caching appears to have instantly fixed it.

Return to “Not a bug”