[0.18.17] [FactorioExtendedPlus] Rail placing causes extreme performance issues

Bugs that are actually features.
Rubydrageon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.18.17] [FactorioExtendedPlus] Rail placing causes extreme performance issues

Post by Rubydrageon »

Hi,

I am playing on a very big map with a friend that has a *very* big rail system and a lot of trains [>30] that are on paths >100k tiles long. As seen in the first screenshot everything usually runs smoothly. However, when I place or deconstruct rails anywhere, independent of whether connected to the big rail network or not, the performance decreases very badly while rails are being placed/deconstructed. I found this related topic on the forum but I think it's something different, because the trains already have their paths planned and don't need to recalculate anything.

Even though the game is modded I don't think the problem is caused by the mods since the mod uses game prototypes mainly as far as I know and doesn't actually use own code too much.

Savefile [sorry that it's so big...]: https://cloud.wolfgangweber.ch/index.ph ... ZSKf7kMGSC
The mods should all be their newest version on the mod portal.

Thanks.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(69.81 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Usual performance
Usual performance
RailPerformanceGood.PNG (3.42 MiB) Viewed 973 times
Performance drop when deconstructing rails
Performance drop when deconstructing rails
RailPerformanceBad2.PNG (3.95 MiB) Viewed 973 times
Performance drop when constructing rails
Performance drop when constructing rails
RailPerformanceBad.PNG (3.78 MiB) Viewed 973 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.17] [FactorioExtendedPlus] Rail placing causes extreme performance issues

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however there's nothing I can do. You've built far beyond what the game logic can work with and you're experiencing the performance impact of having trains drive that far.

You could mitigate some of that by making the paths shorter: stops along the huge distances that the train check-points through.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Rubydrageon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.18.17] [FactorioExtendedPlus] Rail placing causes extreme performance issues

Post by Rubydrageon »

Ok thank you in any case! Definitely gonna try putting extra checkpoint stops in between.

Return to “Not a bug”