[0.17.79] Shift+click weapon does not equip if same type of weapon already equipped

Bugs that are actually features.
JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.79] Shift+click weapon does not equip if same type of weapon already equipped

Post by JasonC »

Shift-clicking a weapon in inventory does not equip the weapon if the same type of weapon is already equipped.

To reproduce:

1. Equip, for example, a machine gun and a rocket launcher. Leave the third slot empty.
2. Shift-click another rocket launcher in the inventory window.

Expected: Rocket launcher equips in third slot.

Actual: Nothing happens.

Example use case: Quickly switching from gun + launcher (explosive rockets) + flame thrower, to gun + launcher (explosive rockets) + launcher (atomic bombs).

Workaround: Second rocket launcher must be manually dragged to open weapon slot.

Note: Similar behavior occurs if vehicle inventory is open. Shift click character inventory consistently transfers weapons to vehicle inventory, but shift+click vehicle inventory, in above example, would move the rocket launcher back to character inventory but equip other non-duplicate weapons.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.79] Shift+click weapon does not equip if same type of weapon already equipped

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working as intended. It's specifically coded not not extra-equip weapons through shift-click.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”