[0.18.6] When using game.speed=100 in editor, I can't scroll/pan the screen at lowest zoom levels

Bugs that are actually features.
movax20h
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.18.6] When using game.speed=100 in editor, I can't scroll/pan the screen at lowest zoom levels

Post by movax20h »

When I am in editor (`/editor`), and do `/c game.speed=100`, I can't move / pan the view (using WSAD keys) on the few most zoomed-in levels. If I zoom out I can pan. The problem doesn't occur at somehow lower game speeds (tested game.speed=60 and game.speed=90, and they seem to not exhibit this issue).

I am using Linux client.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.6] When using game.speed=100 in editor, I can't scroll/pan the screen at lowest zoom levels

Post by Klonan »

We scale the editor movement speed to the game speed

I don't think there is a bug here

movax20h
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.18.6] When using game.speed=100 in editor, I can't scroll/pan the screen at lowest zoom levels

Post by movax20h »

Klonan wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:33 pm
We scale the editor movement speed to the game speed

I don't think there is a bug here
Hey Klonan. From a game / technical perspective it might be the case, but from user perspective it doesn't make sense to me.

1) It doesn't explain why you do it.

2) At some speeds it simply stops working completely. I suspect it might be calculating integer amount of pixels per tick when doing movement, and it gets rounded to 0 when at some high speeds. Would it make sense to make it at least positive and non-zero?

Return to “Not a bug”