The game RUNNING in Map Editor

Bugs that are actually features.
GregR
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

The game RUNNING in Map Editor

Post by GregR »

So this is what I know. I am making a huge game in the map editor. This has happened before, but I just thought I was crazy. When the game was AUTOSAVING, it just activated, like started running. The game was fully running in map editor. Very cool, but not for what I needed. This is the second time it has happened in this same setup, but not at the same time.

I BELIEVE I was editing a train (pathing info) or a stack filter inserter at the time, but honestly I'm not sure. If it happens again I will update more, I'm not even sure if I am giving the right info, because when it happened I freaked out b/c all my trains started moving. This "save" I am giving is not the current one, I tried to go back to give the previous autosave (which now typing this out I know is dumb). I believe when I saved it again, and came back to the game, everything was in whatever place it was at the save point, no longer moving.

Since I asked myself this the first time, I KNOW I was in map editor, and not playing the game by accident. This is why I didn't post it the first time despite double checking myself.

The attached save is right before it happened, but it doesn't repeat. EDIT: I can't attach the save file, it says ERROR PARSING SERVER RESPONSE. Maybe it is too big (36.1 MB)
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(30.7 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
ImNotCrazy.png
ImNotCrazy.png (4.96 MiB) Viewed 762 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: The game RUNNING in Map Editor

Post by Klonan »

Time can run in the editor, you can look at the tab with the big clock for more details

There is also a hotkey (Numpad 0 by default) to toggle time running or not

As for that there is nothing I see here that is a bug, I guess you accidently hit the hotkey or something

GregR
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: The game RUNNING in Map Editor

Post by GregR »

OMG I Never knew that!!!!
I asked in the reddit but no one answered. Thank you for the info. Not a bug, just a dumb user.

Return to “Not a bug”