[0.17.79] Modded train minimap-representation does not scale correctly in Train GUI Map

Bugs that are actually features.
robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.79] Modded train minimap-representation does not scale correctly in Train GUI Map

Post by robot256 »

I am working on a mod that adds a 13-tile-long locomotive entity (normal wagons are 6 tiles long with 1 tile gaps so it occupies exactly two wagons of space at a train stop). The mod itself can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18X7vr ... la8wPBBrMx

For the minimap representation, I stretched the base sprites by the same proportion. The old sprites were 20x40 pixels, and my new ones are 20x88. They appear correctly in the normal map view, and scale with the other wagon icons as I zoom in and out.
map view icon zoomed out.PNG
map view icon zoomed out.PNG (26 KiB) Viewed 548 times
In the Train GUI, the behavior is different. When zoomed all the way in, and on the first zoom-out level, the select and scale correctly. On the second zoom-out level, the icon is replaced with the fully-zoomed-in, not-selected icon, and does not scale as I zoom out further or indicate selection when I mouse over.
train gui zoomed in.PNG
train gui zoomed in.PNG (40.84 KiB) Viewed 548 times
train gui zoomed out.PNG
train gui zoomed out.PNG (62.26 KiB) Viewed 548 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.79] Modded train minimap-representation does not scale correctly in Train GUI Map

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
However, that's exactly how it's supposed to work in that GUI.

Return to “Not a bug”