Flamethrower turret attacks enemy flamethrower turret despite it is immune to fire

Bugs that are actually features.
Hanakocz
Inserter
Inserter

Flamethrower turret attacks enemy flamethrower turret despite it is immune to fire

Post by Hanakocz »

If flamethrower turret is placed in range of enemy flamethrower turret, those will automatically attack each other (as they are enemy and military buildings at once), even though they can't damage each other (immune to fire).

Flamethrower turrets that way ignore all other targets and continue so until they run out of oil.

Expected behaviour: Flamer turrets will ignore other flamer turrets same as they ignore walls and similar non-flammable objects.

How to reproduce: Start a new map in editor, place turrets facing each other, switch one to be enemy force, give one of them a fuel.
Attachments
flamers.png
flamers.png (1.67 MiB) Viewed 560 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Flamethrower turret attacks enemy flamethrower turret despite it is immune to fire

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Nothing in the attacking logic cares about an entities resistances and I don't consider it worth changing the logic to try to be that smart. Something being resistant to a damage type just means it can't be hurt by it. In this case I consider it correct behavior that it "draws fire" because it's immune.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”