[0.17.58] Unable to landfill shallow water tiles

Bugs that are actually features.
psihius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.58] Unable to landfill shallow water tiles

Post by psihius »

Probably been there since the introduction of the tiles, just nobody had messed with them yet to the level and scale I did yesterday :)

Had a hand-crafted map (basically replaced all the water tiles with shallow water for gameplay reasons on Gridlock) and during the game found out that you actually cannot landfill shallow water tiles.
Accidentally made for some very interesting gameplay, but on the other hand, does not make sense that you are unable to landfill it in.

Could we have this changed so the shallow water tiles can be landfilled, please?

P.S. If anything, I'd make deepwater landfilling costs much higher cause you need more material to fill in deeper water - could be a nice stone sink too and people really work for it :)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.58] Unable to landfill shallow water tiles

Post by posila »

Thanks for taking the time to write up the report.

Shallow water tiles are intended for use in upcoming campaign to create areas where players can walk, but where they can't build anything (including landfill).

psihius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by psihius »

Understood.

Follow up question then - can, maybe, a fillable type of tile be added? Same graphics, just an additional landfillable type? Using a mix of fillable and non-fillable tiles in the editor can give a lot of interesting options for creating maps :)

Edit:
Actually to think about it - this can be applied to all water tiles and be a setting: fillable and non-fillable :)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

You can make area that can be walked over (by player, not by biters though) by making 1x1 water holes. Which you will be able to landfill. Other than that, I am sorry, we are not taking requests in bug reports subforum.

Return to “Not a bug”