[0.17.56-3] Rail corner hitbox prevents train loading

Bugs that are actually features.
SkiCarver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.56-3] Rail corner hitbox prevents train loading

Post by SkiCarver »

Related to issue (72972)

The curved rail hitbox prevents train loading at the position indicated in the images. The hitbox moves the inserter too far away from the train engine.

First image - this is the closest the middle inserter of the five, can get to the train - as can be seen in the image, the train is not highlighted as an object that will fill from the inserter.
a.png
a.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 1423 times

Second image - we can see the inserter position that highlights the train, but the inserter position is invalid.
2.png
2.png (1.73 MiB) Viewed 1423 times

SkiCarver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.56-3] Rail corner hitbox prevents train loading

Post by SkiCarver »

Could you please offer some guidance on what constitutes "Not a bug"? I ask I would like to avoid wasting your time and mine in the future.

I can see there are cases where what is reported is how the game is intended to work, but that does not seem to be the case here.
In this case, I assume it is, "A bug, but not something that sufficiently effects game-play to be worth fixing". If that is the case, are there any guidelines that can be posted that would enable us to determine if an issue is worth posting, before we take the effort to do so?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

The point would be, that inserting on a bend is not supported, it working depends on the collision rectangle of the bend not the other way around.

SkiCarver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SkiCarver »

ok, thanks.

Return to “Not a bug”