[0.17.55] Trains/train stations "default" colours not copying correctly

Bugs that are actually features.
bobby45800
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.55] Trains/train stations "default" colours not copying correctly

Post by bobby45800 »

Hi there,

I've noticed that the train station and and train colours default colours are slightly different (Train: 234, 17, 0 | Train station: 242, 0, 0), which causes some odd behaviour when copying and pasting colours to and from the newly placed entities. These include:
  • Copying default train station colour to default train does not change train colour. I think this is because it is trying to copy "default" to "default"? Shouldn't be how it works, but it's my only explanation.
  • If you set the train colour to anything other than its default, then copy and paste the default station colour it resets to 234, 17, 0 (default train colour)
  • However, if you change the station to something other than the default, then manually change it back to the default colours, it will copy the train correctly.
  • But, if you copy from another station, also set to default, then clear your clipboard, and then copy from the original again, and onto a train, it's wrong.
Thanks,
Bobby
The nice thing about Windows is, it doesn’t just crash, it displays a dialog box and lets you press “OK” first :)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.55] Trains/train stations "default" colours not copying correctly

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however everything you describe is working as intended.

Default is treated as "not configured" and if you copy a "not configured" onto "configured" it resets it to "not configured". If you go across entity types this behavior doesn't exist so just nothing happens. As soon as you configure something regardless of what the configured value is it's not configured and acts as such.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”