[0.17.50]. Link train cars for logstics

Bugs that are actually features.
evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.50]. Link train cars for logstics

Post by evandy »

What did you do?

Make a building train in a modded game where wagons can hold vehicle robohubs. (Bob's if it matters.) Filled the first few wagons with material and the last wagon empty for deconstruction. Robots from the full wagons performed deconstruction and tried to put the material in their own wagon instead of the empty one.

(Note, I can not leave empty space in the early wagons or the refill stop will just fill it up with more building material, and I couldn't easily clean it out with a blacklist inserter because I have too many types of item in the wagon).

What did you expect to happen?

All wagons on the same train should have logistics storage access to the whole train. Or at least connected wagons. If you have a locomotive in between wagons I'm not sure if they should be linked or not.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.50]. Link train cars for logstics

Post by evandy »

Could I get an explanation for why this is not considered a bug? If it is a future feature request, then cool. If this is the correct behavior, some explanation of why?

I didn't see anything relevant from search, but will look again.

Ranger_Aurelien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ranger_Aurelien »

I'm not a developer, but I'm guessing because it's not a bug in vanilla (unmodded).

Here's the Bobsmods forum for reporting bugs regarding their mod:
viewforum.php?f=51
-
Ranger Aurelien
"Knowledge Brings Fear" -- Motto of Mars University, Futurama

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

It's because what you're describing is a missing feature ("make equipment-grid based logistic-networks joinable if they're in the same train") and not a bug. I.e. "it's working as designed" in wube-speak. Vehicles with roboports don't form a large network. Players with roboports don't form a large network. And trains simply behave like that too because there is no vanilla usecase for it and thus no code to make them behave differently.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Thanks. Totally understand that it is considered a new feature request, but I wasn't sure if you meant that or that it was works as intended already. I will just hope that someone may get to it some day then.

Return to “Not a bug”