[0.17.41] Undo Doesn't Always Undo

Bugs that are actually features.
wizard07ksu
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.41] Undo Doesn't Always Undo

Post by wizard07ksu »

Let me preface this with I *LOVE* the new undo feature. That said...here are a few things undo doesn't undo:
  • Copy/pasting blueprints with decider/arithmetic settings
    Steps:
    1. Place a decider/arithmetic combinator and give it some settings.
    2. Copy the combinator, or create a blueprint.
    3. Place the blueprint over an existing combinator of the same type.
    4. Click "undo". The settings set in the combinator aren't reverted, but any other changes that happened during the blueprint placement are. If the combinator is the only entity affected by the blueprint placement, hitting "undo" will undo your previous change.
    This also applies when placing a blueprint that has more than just the combinator in it. The only difference is that everything except the changed settings will be undone.
  • Trains
    Steps:
    1. Copy and paste a train.
    2. Click "undo". The train ghost is still there, and the previous action will be undone instead.
Circuit wires will be reverted with undo and settings can be change via placement, so I would expect any settings changed via blueprint placement to also be reverted.

I am playing pure vanilla with no extra mods.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.41] Undo Doesn't Always Undo

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. These things are all outside of what undo was designed to do and we aren't looking to add extra levels of complexity into it.

"undo" will never handle every action the player does. Just the main ones as it does now.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

wizard07ksu
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.41] Undo Doesn't Always Undo

Post by wizard07ksu »

Was going to ask if this should be moved to "not a bug" or "won't fix", then noticed it's already been moved to Not a bug.

Thank you for your prompt response!

Return to “Not a bug”