[Dominik][0.17.35] Right clicking seed number deletes the number and generates new seed

Bugs that are actually features.
arZic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Dominik][0.17.35] Right clicking seed number deletes the number and generates new seed

Post by arZic »

So this is a very minor issue, caused by my own incompetence, but it's mildly frustrating regardless.

When creating a new game and find a nice seed, I sometimes want to see the next seed also. Just in case it's even better. (Yeah i know, never satisfied...)
So to not lose the seed I'm currently on, I want to copy the number so I can go back. Again and again my muscle memory tells me to right click the seed-number so i can copy it. This however causes the number to be deleted, and skips to a new random seed.

I've found out I can copy the number if i mark it with left clicking and dragging, then ctrl-c. But you know, right clicking is just in my nature... :roll:

Another thing while I'm posting.
It would be nice to have a history of the last seeds created, so I could go back if I skipped one I liked. Maybe have a previous-seed button besides the random-seed button?

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik][0.17.35] Right clicking seed number deletes the number and generates new seed

Post by Dominik »

Hi, I have checked the code and this is purely intentional. I suppose it works differently than other input boxes because there is no sense in editing the number, only in inputing a new one.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Dominik][0.17.35] Right clicking seed number deletes the number and generates new seed

Post by MakeItGraphic »

arZic wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:32 am
So this is a very minor issue, caused by my own incompetence, but it's mildly frustrating regardless.

When creating a new game and find a nice seed, I sometimes want to see the next seed also. Just in case it's even better. (Yeah i know, never satisfied...)
So to not lose the seed I'm currently on, I want to copy the number so I can go back. Again and again my muscle memory tells me to right click the seed-number so i can copy it. This however causes the number to be deleted, and skips to a new random seed.

I've found out I can copy the number if i mark it with left clicking and dragging, then ctrl-c. But you know, right clicking is just in my nature... :roll:

Another thing while I'm posting.
It would be nice to have a history of the last seeds created, so I could go back if I skipped one I liked. Maybe have a previous-seed button besides the random-seed button?
You throw that last bit into suggestion forums. Also being able to bookmark seeds would be cool.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

For what it's worth, after falling for this again I did finally push this into an Idea/Suggestion: 80841

Return to “Not a bug”