[0.17.34] Train's path is not recalculated when the rail chain signal changes

Bugs that are actually features.
jarcionek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.34] Train's path is not recalculated when the rail chain signal changes

Post by jarcionek »

I have 4 stations with the same name, served from a single rail. Even though last two stations are empty, the train is still waiting for the second station, even though it's rail chain signal is blue and it could go to another station:

Screenshot.PNG
Screenshot.PNG (3.11 MiB) Viewed 1387 times

I have added a normal rail signal with condition to be red if all stations are occupied. As soon as it changes to green, the train goes to the empty station, whichever one it is:

Screenshot 2.PNG
Screenshot 2.PNG (1.83 MiB) Viewed 1387 times

This is a behaviour I would expect when the rail chain signal changes from red to blue.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.34] Train's path is not recalculated when the rail chain signal changes

Post by mrvn »

Chain signals don't cause a repath because iirc then trains would repath inside a roundabout and deadlock them self. Putting a full signal before the chain signal is the way to design your station and I think you don't have to program it at all. It turns red every time a train passes it causing the others to reconsider their path when it clears again.

jarcionek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.34] Train's path is not recalculated when the rail chain signal changes

Post by jarcionek »

Rail signal before the Rail chain signal? Then the train is just going to pass it and stop at rail chain signal. Doesn't sound like it solves anything.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

As mrvn said, chain signals changing state from red to blue do not trigger a repath, so this is working as intended. See also: https://wiki.factorio.com/Railway/Train_path_finding
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

jarcionek wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:32 am
Rail signal before the Rail chain signal? Then the train is just going to pass it and stop at rail chain signal. Doesn't sound like it solves anything.
Yes, the train will just pass it. But think of the train before that. It will have passed it on it's way into the station. So the path the current train has will be chosen after the last train entered and should pick a bay that is empty avoiding the problem.

Return to “Not a bug”