[0.17.34] Burner Inserters are broken/desynced when feeding boilers.

Bugs that are actually features.
Bob_Droll
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.34] Burner Inserters are broken/desynced when feeding boilers.

Post by Bob_Droll »

At some point (not sure when) I noticed that many of my burner inserters feeding coal into boilers (from a red belt) are broken. They were working fine, feeding coal into my boilers, but now they've stopped feeding themselves and the boilers, with not changes made to the setup. They're also behaving oddly when I try to rotate them. With ALT mode on, you can see the direction indicators changing when hovering over the inserter and pressing 'R', but the sprite does not rotate. If I remove the inserter and replace it, it starts working again. Screenshot attached. I have a Save file demonstrating the issue, but the forum is not letting me attach it for unknown reasons ("unable to parse server response").

Further details:
It worked with the red belt for at least 50 hours.
Other inserters, before and after the broken ones along the belt of coal, are still working.
The power drain is low, so the belt of coal is backed up (barely moving, if at all).
The issue persists if I replace the red belts with yellow belts (the burner inserts remain inactive and un-powered).
That does not account for the sprite not rotating when hovering over the inserter and pressing 'R'.
Are those reasonable counter-points? (genuine question, not snark)
Attachments
Factorio.PNG
Factorio.PNG (8.23 MiB) Viewed 1065 times

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.34] Burner Inserters are broken/desynced when feeding boilers.

Post by DaveMcW »

Red belts move too fast, burner inserters can't consistently pick up from them. It works fine when coal is backed up, but if coal runs low the burner inserters will fail.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by robot256 »

Yep, burner inserters only work with yellow belts. Not a bug.

TheCodeBoss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TheCodeBoss »

But it's supposed to work when coal is backed up isn't it? I'm seeing this issue also, and I find the only way to fix it is to pick up the burner and put it back down

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

TheCodeBoss wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:12 pm
But it's supposed to work when coal is backed up isn't it? I'm seeing this issue also, and I find the only way to fix it is to pick up the burner and put it back down
That happens on 16.51 too just use yellow belts. Or keep replacing them.

Return to “Not a bug”