[0.17.23] bots endlessly circling between roboport and empty space

Bugs that are actually features.
meganothing
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.23] bots endlessly circling between roboport and empty space

Post by meganothing »

Here is an example of bots trying to cross some space without roboport or without robotport of their own logistics net and then turn around and go back to the roboport. They reload their batteries, then try to do the same route again and turn around again. Ad infinitum.

To see it yourself: Go to roboport "Marc Cookerly" (located a little west of train station "Benjamin Wasem ..."). Watch as a group of about 10 bots fly on a south-east route from that roboport and back again in an endless circle. See also the next roboport east of "Marc Cookerly" never getting constructed because the bot scheduled to do it probably is on a similar futile round.

I would expect the bots to continue on their way to whatever target. Bots seem to be able to cross arbitrarily long distances without energy so that is not the problem. The problem seems to be that pathfinding eventuelly tells them the next roboport to go to for reloading batteries is the one they started from even though it doesn't bring them nearer to the target.

factorio-current.log
(4.14 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
https://we.tl/t-KlO6F4ubXs

I already reported the same bug in a previous version but it was flagged as duplicate of a bug already fixed. Obviously this is a different bug and it is not fixed yet.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.23] bots endlessly circling between roboport and empty space

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. You can't build non-rectangular roboports if you don't want this to happen.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”